I found Christina’s blog last year, and as if often happens in the blogosphere, I have no idea how I actually happened upon it, but I remember that I could immediately tell that it was going to become one of my regular blog reads. Christina is lovely, funny, real, and very talented. Her sense of aesthetics reflect the simplicity and natural feel that you get from her writing, too. This is a girl who doesn’t try too hard, but impresses you anyway just by being her lovely self, and sharing images of her beautiful family and lovely spaces in her own home. Here she is.
1. If you could pick a destination to travel to right now, what would it be and why?
The grass is always greener soo…..
At this moment I would love to go to a cabin in the mountains. It like a Swiss cabin. Something I can’t really afford. Oh, we have personal cooks! The cooks are also professional massage therapists as well as estheticians.
It has been so nice and warm here in Southern California so I’d love to get bundled up to go outside, drink hot cocoa and sit by a fire in the evening with snow outside…but only for a week…then I want to come home to my flip flops and the beach! HA!
2. What 5 essentials from your wardrobe/home would you bring with you?
I’m a mom but I’m going to answer selfishly and pick stuff just for me…K? 🙂
1. Lady Danger lipstick by MAC. OK. This says, I feel beautiful and confident as I take my private charter plane to Switzerland!
2. My Ugg slippers!!! Gotta be cozy and I only feel comfortable barefoot in my own home.
3. Homeopathic first aid kit: Arnica for any pain etc.
4. Music: The Black Keys, Alabama Shakes, Bob Marley, Diana Krall
5. Fake lashes! I recently chopped some of mine off with a curler! ha! Love to feel super dolled up when I go out on a date and I imagine many date nights (even date nights in) at this place!
3. What item would you buy before the trip to take with you?
Fancy snow boots that will probably be worn just this one time. I have big calves compared to my teensie feet. I’m going to pretend like these fit perfectly and make me look good.
4. The last quotable thing you heard or read, and why did it leave an impression?
Everything we want is out there, we just have to ask for it, look for it or see it right in front of us.
5. What inspires you right now:
Snapchat! HA! I LOVE seeing little bits of people’s days. After documenting snippets for a few days, it made me realize that we (my kiddo and I as a stay at home mom) do A LOT! Plus it’s a place to be silly or sarcastic without seeming negative the way it might come across in an Instagram post for example.
6. Words to live by:
Do it. Not like Nike but really just start the thing you want to do or have one day. Everything is attainable. Wouldn’t it be nice to know that in your soul so that you could just get started without the doubts and worries that hold us back? 🙂
Thank you Christina!!