As an island girl, winter always feels waaaay too long to me. Granted, I also live in a country where winters are pretty long. And cold. And dark, and gloomy.
Frankly, when I wake up on the average winter day here, I want to stay in bed. It also takes a bit more work that usual to get my creative juices flowing in winter (maybe they are frozen and need time to thaw?), so after using considerable mental energy to talk myself into getting out of bed and getting dressed, my outfits are… if not quite outright boring, definitely much less imaginative than they are in summer. There’s definitely enough black and grey to go around.
True, I often add a pop of color (with my favorite purple scarf or colored tights) or a bit of sparkle, but… a gal needs options. And a great option to instantly wake up a boring outfit is a fabulous statement necklace. Right now I am craving a sparkly, colorful, playful bib necklace, like these ones:
Pictured: 1. Kendra Scott Harlow necklace in green (available in 10 colors), $195;
2. Carole layered teardrop necklace, $16;
3. Penelope’s Teardrop necklace, $29;
4. Blue Bijioux bib necklace, on sale for $60 (used to be $125);
5. Stella & Dot Cotez necklace, on sale for $49 (down from $148);
6. Amrita Singh Kristina necklace, $150;
7. Amrita Singh Stannard necklace, $100 (down from $150);
8. Coast Phia necklace, £22 ($29).
Just think about it: all you have to do in the morning is grab a few basic pieces, add your statement necklace… et voilà! Instant glam.
See? Super wearable. Give it a try, and it might just become your secret weapon to look fabulous without much time or effort.
Now, there’s just one question: which one to pick?